The Pony Club Tetrathlon Competition at Royal Windsor Horse Show was held on the 14th & 15th May 2016. 24 Members in teams from the eight regions: Scotland, Northern England, Central England, Eastern England, Southern England, South West England, Wales & Borders and Northern Ireland were selected by their Area Tetrathlon Co-ordinators to take part in this special competition which was part of HRH The Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebrations.
Saturday saw the competition start with the Swim and Shoot phases over at Windsor Leisure Centre. Conor Dougal, from the Northern England Team, took the best swim with a score of 1264 points (9 lengths 16 metres) and we had a double of 1000 point shoots from Johnny Erskine (Northern Ireland) and Guy Anderson (Central England). With a break in the afternoon before competing in the run phase Competitors, parents and supporters had the chance to catch some of the action in the arenas and do a bit of shopping. The run took place along the bank of the river Thames and saw some very quick times being posted, Freddie Ashworth from Wales & Borders took the best run with a score of 1260 points (4 minutes 48 seconds).
Sunday continued with the Ride phase which consisted of Arena jumping over a mixture of working hunter fences and show jumps, with a slip rail to negotiate as well. It was a close competition with 11 riders finishing with a 1400 point score, but it was Central England that came out on top with a final team score of 14130 points, Wales & Borders were a close second with 13832 points and Northern England crept into 3rd place with a score of 13502.
In the individual competition Guy Anderson (Central England) finished in first place with 4862 points, Freddie Ashworth (Wales & Borders) came in a close second with 4804 points and Connor Dougal (Northern England) finished in third place with 4739
Full Results can be found below:
Northern Ireland would like to wish a massive thank you to Willow Andrew (Northern England), Sophie Bray (South West England) and Max Frost (South West England) for lending their ponies to them for the competition.
Congratulations to everyone who took part this year and a massive thank you to all of the Team Managers, Parents and Supporters who help steward, score, marshall and taxi everyone around for the competition. We hope you had a great time and look forward to seeing you out competing again this year.
Thank you to Windsor Leisure Centre for the kind use of their facilities and to Royal Windsor Horse Show for inviting us once again.
• The Competition is open to Junior Members only
• Members who competed in previous Royal Windsor Horse Show Tetrathlon Competitions are not eligible
• Teams of 3 are to be selected by the Area Tetrathlon Co-ordinator
• One Team per Region only
• Regions are:
• Scotland (1 & 19)
• Northern England (2,3 & 4)
• Central England (7,9 &12)
• Eastern England (6 & 8)
• Southern England (11,13 & 14)
• South West England (15 & 16)
• Wales and Borders (5, 10 & 18)
• Northern Ireland (17)
• Teams can consist of either two boys and one girl or two girls and one boy
• All competitors must be prepared to loan their horse/pony to a competitor from Northern Ireland
• The riding phase will be arena jumping which will include a slip rail (usually constructed from coloured poles)
• All Competitors should be dressed smartly and in accordance with the rules for each phase